Sunday, August 9, 2009

Passion for Halloween

I love the month of October for several reasons. The weather in Northern MN is usually great and the bugs are gone. The leaves on the trees are at their peak for color which provides a real sense of beauty. But my real love is preparing for Halloween.

I start taking out my decorations at the beginning of the month. I decorate inside and out with Halloween lights and decor.

The one thing I have to wait a little longer for is the pumpkin carving. About mid month I go out to the pumpkin patch and pick the pumpkins. Most of them I carve with various faces but some I leave as is and incorporate them into my Halloween displays.

As a child I always had Halloween birthday parties. It was so much fun dressing up in our favorite costumes. All my little friends used to love the costume contest in hopes of winning a prize. As An adult if I have a chance to go out and dress up I'm right there! I love it!!

I hope you will share your Halloween stories, decorating ideas, Halloween recipes and craft ideas with me.

Halloween just happens to fall on a Sat. this year so I'm thinking of having a costume party.
SO...the more ideas the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment